[keycloak-dev] How to beging hacking with keycloak

Dariusz Chrzascik dchrzascik at novomatic-tech.com
Wed Oct 24 04:06:09 EDT 2018

Thank you for your exhaustive answer. This is what I was looking for.

Cheers,
Dariusz Chrzascik

>>> Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com> 10/23/18 7:44 PM >>>
To get your feet wet it is a good idea to start with a bug. Look for
bugs that do not already have anyone assigned, add a comment and state
that you would like to contribute a fix. Remember we do like a bug fix
to be accompanied by a test.
Once you've done a few bugs you should understand better what we expect
from you, as well as the code base and testsuite, you can look at
implementing a feature or an enhancement. For feature requests and
enhancements we do suggest you start a thread on keycloak-dev mailing
list prior to putting effort into it. This way we can confirm that it is
a feature that we actually would like and we can have an initial chat
around design. Having the conversation on keycloak-dev first can save
you both time and frustration. At times we may need to reject particular
features and enhancements as we do not want Keycloak to become bloated.
This can be very disappointing if you have spent time on a feature only
to have it rejected, so talk to us first! We also expect you to put the
effort into fully testing and documenting your contributions.

Last point is it may make sense to pick something that you care about. A
bug that may affect you, or is in an area of your expertise, or just
something that sounds cool for you to work on.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 18:29, Jerry Saravia