[keycloak-dev] Keycloak large token issue

tushar dhole tushardhole at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:29:17 EDT 2018

Hello Community,

There is a limitation with keycloak to support large number of realms. Following is the existing jira issue related to same,

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1268

I was wondering if we can solve this following approach,

  1.  Make the token for users under "master" realm not return all realm info.
  2.  We can just allow a token from "realm": "master" any for cross realm authorization
  3.  For all other non master realm the token will be same as that of today

If this approach is feasible/doable, then I can dig into the code and try to implement this.
But would first like to know if this is really a feasible/doable one.

Thanks a lot,
Tushar Dhole
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1268>
[KEYCLOAK-1268] Token for admin becomes to large with many ...<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1268>
issues.jboss.org
I have a big problem here because of bearer token size. I'm using keycloak within a SaaS application, so I need create alot of realms.