[keycloak-dev] Latest changes with JGroups discovery in 4.5.0.Final Docker Image

Schuster Sebastian (INST-CSS/BSV-OS) Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com
Fri Sep 28 11:42:12 EDT 2018

Maybe this snippet is helpful:

if echo "$@" | egrep -v -- '-c |-c=|--server-config |--server-config='; then
    SYS_PROPS+=" -c=standalone-ha.xml"
fi

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr.-Ing.  Sebastian Schuster

Open Source Services (INST-CSS/BSV-OS)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn

I think there are some minor issues with the changes in the 4.5.0 Docker image. In docker-entrypoint.sh per default if nothing is specified the jboss.bind.address and jboss.bind.address.private are both set to hostname –i and if nothing is specified standalone-ha mode is used. I find that at least questionable, I think running standalone is a safer default compared to opening JGroups communication on a public interface. However, the default works for us in Kubernetes.

However, the detection whether a profile was specified (if echo "$@" | egrep -v -- "-c "; then)  should be improved,  only looking for “-c” does not work as “—server-config” is equally possible. Wildfly will die with an error if both are present…

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com<mailto:Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com>