[keycloak-dev] All PR's failing

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 04:19:43 EDT 2019

On 09. 08. 19 9:45, Sebastian Laskawiec wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 5:32 PM Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org
> <mailto:bruno at abstractj.org>> wrote:
>
>     I believe Hynek's changes help us a lot with the PRs and solves our
>     problem for now. Yesterday after merging Stan's PR which only touches
>     into non-Java files, the build from master started to fail for the
>     cross-dc Job.
>
>     Cross DC builds as Authz builds run conditionally against
>     pull-request,
>     not against master. Here is my suggestion:
>
>     1. For these builds that have been consistently failing. We apply the
>     same conditions that we have for pull-request for master. Into other
>     words, if I didn't touch into cross-dc stuff, I don't run any tests
>     related to this when my changes are merged.
>

> Is there any benefit on implementing this conditional runs? Perhaps we
> should always run the whole test suite. This way we could discover
> unstable tests faster and hopefully get them fixed.

For cross-dc tests, the problem is that they are not so stable. Running
it always will decrease travis stability and in most cases, running them
is not really necessarily. But as you pointed, there is possible issue
that we won't discover issues early and cross-dc tests can become broken
even with changes, which doesn't seem to be related to cross-dc (but
that happen only once during last 1.5 years since we have cross-dc
tests). So there are both pros and cons, but I vote to rather keep
cross-dc tests in travis conditional.

For authz tests, I am not sure. If they are stable, we can run them
always in theory. But I am not sure if they are really stable?

Marek