[keycloak-dev] Introduce GolangCI to Gatekeeper repository

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Feb 13 08:14:57 EST 2019

Good morning,

A week ago Frederic, one of our contributors, suggested the
inclusion of GolangCI[1][2]. For those not familiar,
GolangCI can run a set of linters against the source tree. It can
check if the code respects the code style, if there are vulnerabilities
introduced into the codebase and also advise on best practices.

Even though I think it's something nice to have, I'm afraid that
GolangCI could add too much noise commenting on PRs (I'm not
sure if this can be disabled).

Even though is something cool, I'm 50/50 on this. I don't see the
adoption from big projects like Openshift or Kubernetes.

Thoughts?

[1] - https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-gatekeeper/pull/454
[2] - https://golangci.com/

--