[keycloak-dev] Questions about adding new identity providers

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 05:20:35 EST 2019

There's already support for generic OIDC providers. Generic OAuth2 doesn't
make all that much sense as it doesn't provide standard ways to obtain user
profiles or do logouts. Does vk.com support OIDC (ID token and userinfo
endpoint)? If so you can already use it with Keycloak without adding a
custom provider for it.

We've not had any requests for vk.com until now so we would probably not
accept it into the core Keycloak codebase. This is simply down to
maintenance. If you want to develop a plugin though we can link to it from
the extensions list on keycloak.org.