[keycloak-dev] UMA authorization process in Gatekeeper

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Jul 3 10:31:21 EDT 2019

Hi Maxime, reading the idea it seems reasonable to me, but I'm not the
authorization services expert. Pedro is so far the most experienced
person in this area. Let's just make the feature is consistent with
the ideas present in other adapters.

I'd recommend to link a Jira to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7502,
so we can track the work on it.

On 2019-07-01, Maxime Suret wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> My plan was to keep policy enforcement in resource servers, Gatekeeper
> being only responsible for turning permission tickets into RPTs as
> described in [1].
> The reasoning behind this is that is not always possible to deduce
> resource names and scopes only from HTTP paths and methods. This works
> well with REST services but not so much with other kinds of APIs such
> as GraphQL which uses a single endpoint.
>
> Does that look reasonable to you ?
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-documentation/blob/5e4b5a2be332d40124da82a98847c0ba76477347/authorization_services/topics/service-authorization-uma-authz-process.adoc
>

> On Fri, 2019-06-28 at 15:35 -0300, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> > Hi Maxime, we will be glad to review new contributions to Gatekeeper.
> > Although, we need to work together to limit the scope of KEYCLOAK-
> > 7502[1].
> >
> > My suggestion is to start the discussion on the dev mailing list with
> > your
> > plans around this, so we can reach an agreement and add all the
> > details to
> > that Jira. Initially, the scope should be limited to what Pedro
> > already
> > did for the Node.js adapter[2][3][4].
> >
> > Does it make sense?
> >
> > [1] - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7502
> > [2] - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3334
> > [3] -
> > https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-documentation/pull/654/files
> > [4] - https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-nodejs-connect/pull/142
> >
> > On 2019-06-28, Pedro Igor Silva wrote:
> > > Thanks, Maxime. I'm adding Bruno to see what he thinks about it.
> > >
> > > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:25 AM Maxime Suret <
> > > maxime.suret at early-birds.io>

> --
>
> <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atelier-by-early-birds-x-saint-gobain-distribution-batiment-france-la-personnalisation-au-service-tickets-60817610109>

--