[keycloak-dev] how to create a cache for a new session?

Federico Michele Facca federico.facca at martel-innovate.com
Fri Jul 26 04:46:36 EDT 2019

Hi,
I am doing experiments for the support of "permanent" tokens. (see previous
thread on the matter).

In doing so, I thought that the best solutions was to create a separate
storage cache (as for offline sessions).

Now this is configured in the code, but configuration for this new cache
storage of course can't be found (since I haven't created it :) ) so i get
this error:

10:46:16,257 ERROR XNIO-1 task-1
[org.keycloak.services.error.KeycloakErrorHandler] Uncaught server error

org.infinispan.commons.CacheConfigurationException: ISPN000436: Cache
'permanentSessions' has been requested, but no cache configuration exists
with that name and no default cache has been set for this container

I thought this guide:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/docs/updating-database-schema.md
to be the solution, but 1) there is no existing db. 2) from keycloak
repository root, i can't find the path: connections/jpa-liquibase/pom.xml

Thanks for any hint!
Cheers,
Federico

--