[keycloak-dev] Provisioning of Keycloak deployments

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sat Mar 9 09:07:21 EST 2019

On 3/8/19 5:59 PM, Tomas Kyjovsky wrote:
> Looking at the feedback in the questionare, there are several
> requests to make provisioning and configuration of KC deployments
> easier.

> I was also thinking about this in relation to our testsuite for a
 > while ...

FYI we in the middle of developing Ansible tools to deploy and
configure Keycloak. This effort is aimed at testing single sign-on
federation in OpenStack in a CI environment. There is an opportunity
here for collaboration.

Nathan Kinder recently wrote this Ansible role to deploy the Keycloak
server, I expect it will be submitted to upstream Ansible once it has a
bit more soak time.

https://github.com/nkinder/ansible-keycloak

I'm in the process of using this in conjunction with the existing
ansible keycloak_client and some new Ansible roles to establish
federation in OpenStack. While it is true our work targets OpenStack
there is no reason why the components cannot form the basis of a toolbox
for a host of other deployment and testng needs.
--
John Dennis