[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-6795 / Silent token refresh for implicit flow

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 04:45:01 EDT 2019

On 12/03/2019 19:55, Niko Köbler wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> my point was not about the comments what the test is doing - that's something I can read from the code (and hopefully from a good test method name). However, every comment might be helpful.
> I struggled most with JavascriptAdapterTest to figure out, what resources I need else to execute/modify/improve the tests. So it took me half an hour to an hour to figure out, that the TestJavascriptResource class is also "part of" the test. It's located in a completely different subfolder from the actual test:
>
> testsuite/integration-arquillian/tests/base/src/test/java/org/keycloak/testsuite/adapter/javascript/JavascriptAdapterTest.java
> vs.
> testsuite/integration-arquillian/servers/auth-server/services/testsuite-providers/src/main/java/org/keycloak/testsuite/rest/resource/TestJavascriptResource.java
>
> You see!? It starts to differ at the 3rd folder level - and then it gets deeper, and deeper, and... ;)
> And I didn't find a good documentation about how the testsuite is structured and organized.

Good point. There was recently added this document [1]. But maybe we
still have some space for the improvement here... Regarding this
particular case, we need to ensure that code inside the
"TestJavascriptResource" is deployed as a provider to the server, so
this code is executed on the server side - usually completely different
JVM than the test JVM. That's why it is in separate place as the module
is deployed as JAR to the server.

[1]
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/docs/test-development.md

Marek