[keycloak-dev] Migrate from dep to Go 1.11 modules

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Mar 27 08:26:08 EDT 2019

Good morning,

For a long time, dependency management has been the subject of several
threads in the Golang community. Too many tools, which one is the best
and things like this.

Since Go 1.11.x, it was finally introduced some sorta of official
solution for Go development, named Go modules. And after Go 1.13
release, this is going to become the standard way of handling
dependencies[1].

That being said, I'd like to remove Dep, from Gatekeeper and move to Go
modules. The efford required to this was like 15 min of my time and I
already did it here: https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-gatekeeper/pull/472

Please, let me know if there are any concerns around this.

[1] - https://blog.golang.org/using-go-modules

--

abstractj