[keycloak-dev] Typescript support for Node.js adapter

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Fri May 10 08:15:25 EDT 2019

If you ask me, I'm not crazy about the idea of providing Typescript
definitions inside the Node.js adapter. And there's a single request
from the community about it.

At the same time, it's hard to ignore some numbers. The weekly NPM
downloads for Typescript is almost 5 million[1] and for ts-node[2] is
almost 2 million.

The goal of that PR is to provide only the Typescript definitions for
the Node.js adapter, so that projects using the adapter can benefit from
it.  If we agree to move forward with this, I believe some automated way
to generate it, has to be provided.

Thoughts?

[1] - https://www.npmjs.com/package/typescript
[2] - https://www.npmjs.com/package/ts-node

On 2019-05-10, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> Is Typescript commonly used in the Node.js community? From what
> I understand it is very popular with client-side js these days.
>
> On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 20:59, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>
> > Good morning, we have this PR opened long time ago
> > https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-nodejs-connect/pull/123/files.
> > Before review it and probably update it I would like to ask.
> >
> > Is Typescript something that we would like to support in the Node.js
> > adapter? If your answer is yes, why?
> >
> > --
> > - abstractj

abstractj