[keycloak-dev] Nodejs-Adapter-Update

Konstantinos Schoinas ece8537 at upnet.gr
Fri May 31 05:06:19 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I would like to discuss about an bug ( and a possible update ) in
keycloak-connect Node-js Module.

At the moment when a user session is expired keycloak-connect will try
to redirect the user in the login page ( A flow that is compltetly fine
) .But when you perform an AJAX request with an expired session
keycloak-connect doesn't handle
this AJAX request properly. When a session is invalidated
keycloak-connect takes a set of actions in order to make the user to
re-login. The last function that is called in this flow is the
forceLogin() function in the protect.js file.

The problem here is that AJAX request can't handle the redirection by
its nature ( 302 HTTP Code).

I have already created a JIRA Ticket for this issue -->
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-10264

I have uploaded there some instructions & an example with code in order
to reproduce this issue.

In addition i have made a workaround for this issue that i also have
implemented in the code in JIRA. I would like to contribute my changes
in the  keycloak-connect module to a feature version (if they get
approved )  but i don't know the specific process i have to follow in
order to submit my updates.

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at this issue or
either describe me a way for contributing to keycloak-connect repository
with my updates.

Thanks for your time,

Konstantinos