[keycloak-dev] validating client certificates on user login

Knüppel, Pascal Pascal.Knueppel at governikus.de
Thu Nov 7 02:24:37 EST 2019

Hi I was told to send a mail to the developers mailing list regarding the following issue to get more input from other developers:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-11818

Our problem is that users who login with mutual client-authentication via X509 certificates are still able to login if the certificates are expired or not valid yet. I added a pull request - that is also referenced in the issue - that adds a switch that may be used to validate the notBefore and notAfter timestamps of X509 certificates. From our side we would say that this is actually a security issue that should be fixed very soon.

Best regards
Pascal Knüppel