[keycloak-dev] Extract Javascript Adapter into separate keycloak-js repository

Armin Roșu armin.rosu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 05:03:00 EST 2019

Hello,

We were having a discussion about unit testing keycloak-js in this PR:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/5946 (closed).

An easy way would be to extract it into a separate repository and write
unit tests there.This would bring further benefits:

- keycloak.js can be refactored to Typescript
- file can be split in multiple modules
- independent versioning from keycloak/keycloak would enable deprecating
legacy Promises by enabling developers to use the keycloak-js version that
works for them
- keycloak-js-bower could also be deprecated.

Guillaume Vincent previously proposed rewriting the Javascript Adapter (
https://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-dev/2019-September/012457.html).
Extracting it, writing tests for it and rewriting it afterwords is an
option less prone to breaking changes.

I have some free time and could start work on this.

What do you think? Should I set up a repo so we can talk over code?

Cheers,
Armin