[keycloak-dev] Events not deleted on realm deletion and missing indexes

Schuster Sebastian (INST-CSS/BSV-OS2) Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com
Sun Oct 13 05:10:54 EDT 2019

Hi everybody,

I noticed that neither Admin Events nor Login Events are deleted in the database when a realm is deleted. Is this by intention (e..g for auditing purposes) or a bug?
I also saw that with a lots of events (10 Mio+) queries to the events endpoints typically time out since they filter by realm_id but there is not index for this leading to full table scans.
I would assume index on realm_id and/or realm_id+timestamp would be necessary.

WDYT?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Schuster

Open Source Services (INST-CSS/BSV-OS2)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Mobil +49 152 02177668 | Telefax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com<mailto:Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com>

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic

​