[keycloak-dev] Publishing a new version of Keycloak JS

Jon Koops jonkoops at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 10:45:13 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

A while back version 7 of Keycloak was published to NPM after which it was
found out that it was corrupted and essentially non-functional. Action was
taken to create a fix which has since been merged.

However a new version of Keycloak was never published to the registry
after, which essentially means that Keycloak 7 is still broken for all
users that use the NPM version. We are talking about a package with *38,253
*weekly downloads!

It is causing confusion in the user base and consumers of packages such as
Keycloak Angular and React Keycloak are increasingly reporting issues.

I would like to formally request the Keycloak team publish a new version of
Keycloak to the NPM registry to mitigate this issue as soon as possible.

Kinds regards,
Jon