[keycloak-dev] Poll - should we have both a mailing list and a forum, or only one?

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 08:13:49 EDT 2019

We recently introduced a new Discourse forum as a place to ask for help in
the community. We believe a forum is better suited than a mailing list as
it will create a great resource of knowledge, while the mailing list is
very hard to search.

The plan was to continue with keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org at least for a
while to then revisit if we should drop a mailing list completely.

However, due to a lot of technical difficulties with
keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org (bouncing emails and users being
unsubscribed) we have decided to move away from lists.jboss.org completely.

Question now is should we only have the Discourse forum or should we also
have a Google Groups mailing list?

Downside of having both is that the community will be fragmented and there
is a good risk that with multiple places to ask questions there are less
people listening and ready to reply.

So we'd like to ask the community what you think? Please fill in the poll
at https://forms.gle/3URYHPU2wYToJcGh8 and let us know your opinion!