[keycloak-dev] [KEYCLOAK-11293] Create build for new account console

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:36:03 EDT 2019

> Is the plan to checking npm modules like we do for other things? Or
> actually pull npm modules from NPM? I want the approach here to be
> consistent and not continue having two separate ways for new and old.
It's my understanding that the plan is to do it the same way we do for
the admin console (check 'em in).  When something better comes along
(probably from PNC), then we will switch everything to use the new tools.
> One problem with node_modules is that they include a lot of files that
> should not be included in the distribution. We have a somewhat working
> approach for the old stuff where we use a filter in Maven when copying
> resources from node_modules directory created by Maven npm-update profile.
> This is a requirement for new account console resources as well, as
> otherwise we would significantly increase the size of the dist.
Yes, that needs to be part of the requirements.
> One issue with new account console is that it has some node_modules the old
> stuff uses, but are different versions. Ideally we'd just have a single
> package.json file for everything, but I don't think that's possible.
> Ideally node_modules should all be in the common bundle and not directly in
> the account theme, so they can be re-used by other things.
I don't think we have time to address that before tech preview.  But we
should definitely take a hard look before final release.
> When we have a working build of the account console that addresses the
> above (and anything else) it should be included in a default build (and
> release) and shouldn't be a separate Maven profile to enable. We also need
> to move it from experimental to preview.
I'm not sure it even needs to be a separate profile any longer.  I can't
think of any reason to keep it in a separate profile once the npm
libraries are checked in to github.