[keycloak-dev] Password Updates and Authenticators in the new Account Console

Václav Muzikář vmuzikar at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 04:07:19 EDT 2019

+1 for the iframe with themable AIAs. A flag maybe a good idea – at normal
conditions, AIA would use the login theme; only when "embedded" in the
account console it'd use a different theme.
It sounds to me like a good compromise.

I partially agree it should be a follow-up work. On the other hand I
wouldn't underestimate it – UX and the "impression" of the new Account
Console are IMHO important too! ;)

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 10:52 PM Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
wrote:

> One approach might be an iframe and a custom AIA theme for account console.
> That way me can get it really well integrated.
>
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, 13:29 Stian Thorgersen, <sthorger at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm all on board with planning some followup work to polish the
> experience
> > around AIA. Having a theme that matches the account console sounds like a
> > decent idea. We can either make it switch the theme always for the
> account
> > console, or perhaps we could also introduce a flag to allow the client to
> > control the theme and let account console use a different theme for AIAs.
> > Should be noted that this should be planned as follow-up work though and
> > not as part of the new account console epic. So would be most likely
> > something we couldn't do until next year unless it's not to much work.

> >> hold
> >> If we
> completely
> it's
> >> to.
> >> credentials,
> >> This is the point that we will need to emphasize to users when they
> >> first see the new account console.
> >>
> >> Vaclav is right to point out the awkwardness as it stands right now.  I
> >> think that we can smooth things out, but until we do, users need to
> >> understand what Stian said above.  Then they will at least know it is
> >> for the sake of better security.

Václav Muzikář
Senior Quality Engineer
Keycloak / Red Hat Single Sign-On