[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-6990 - Allow agnostic environment configuration in theme

Vincent Letarouilly vincent.letarouilly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 04:35:17 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I started some development on a closed ticket (
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-6990) in order to add the ability
to load environment variables through theme.properties for custom themes.
I'd need some feedback from you to see if I'm taking the right path here as
this is my first Keycloak dev and I'm not an expert in Java nor Maven.
This is what I've done so far
https://github.com/Opa-/keycloak/commit/8f0517d17bd350d22d082516884a757882302d07
but
I'm quite unhappy with the duplication of the maven-surefire-plugin (you
can see that on top of my plugin block, there's an existing
maven-surefire-plugin plugin block) but I did not found other way to bring
an environment variable into the test context.
If someone could give me some feedback here it'd be very much appreciated :)

Regards,
Vincent