[keycloak-dev] Gatekeeper failing to proxy a redirect link

Nick Powers sshscp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 19:37:34 EDT 2019

I am using keycloak and gatekeeper to authenticate my web app against
Google.  Everything seems to work fine, with regular links, but if I
redirect the user to a page within my web app gatekeeper exposes the
internal URL rather than proxying the data.

I'm using the following to redirect the user, via PHP:

< ?php header("Location: https://commentcontext.com/protected/dashboard"); ?>

But instead of being sent through gatekeeper to that URL it tries to send
the user to https://webapp/protected/dashboard which is the internal URL of
my webapp and of course webapp doesn't resolve in DNS so it fails.

Why is this happening?  Is it a known issue?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks!!!

Nick