[keycloak-dev] Keycloak Operator - Use of extensions

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Sep 18 09:53:46 EDT 2019

Good afternoon,

Today we had a meeting to discuss how to handle Keycloak extensions
inside the Operator. And let me try to summarize what we discussed.

At the moment we bundle all the desired extensions inside a Docker
image[1]. That works, but it comes at a price, because we need to
maintain the builds for these extensions, or at least make sure they
work.

During our meeting today we concluded that the desired
state would be to fetch the Jar files from the GitHub releases page. For
example: https://github.com/Doccrazy/keycloak-protocol-cas/releases. And
also let people provide the URL for their custom extension.

To accomplish this, all the extensions contributions must
distribute a Jar file. Otherwise, they won't be able to use their
extension with the Keycloak Operator.

Does it make sense?

[1] - https://github.com/integr8ly/sso_plugins_init

--