[keycloak-dev] Shared messages between themes

cedric@couralet.eu cedric at couralet.eu
Thu Sep 19 04:28:05 EDT 2019

> > > I'm in favour of option b as built-in themes should not be modified
> > > directly. Should also make upgrading easier as the whole themes directory
> > > can be copied from one version to the next, rather than now individual
> > > themes within has to be copied separately to not override updated
> > built-in
> > > themes.
> > >

> > I am not familiar with how is built keycloak on top on wildfly (and I
> > don't see much documentaiton about that). What I did was create a module
> > keycloak-theme and change the keycloak-server xml (in wildfly module) to
> > add the theme module keycloak-theme. It seems to work but not sure if it is
> > the right way ?
> >

> That is the correct way

It does not work actually, it seems that theme-resources are not loaded when a theme is added as a theme module.
What I did was :
   - add a new module with the keycloak-theme artifact
   - add the <module>org.keycloak.keycloak-themes</module> in the theme element in configuration
This loads all the theme as expected but not the theme-resources (and I see nothing in the code which could do that)

I tried then to add it as a provider (to execute DefaultProviderLoader), but the keycloakDeploymentInfo doesn't have the necessary attributes to load theme and theme-resources.

It seems theme-resources are only loaded when the deployment occurs with KeycloakProviderDeploymentProcessor, and not with the 2 modules loader in wildfly extension.
Do I understand wrong ? Or is it a bug ?

Cédric