[keycloak-dev] Remove built-in themes from themes directory

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 03:52:19 EDT 2019

Making things easy and just working is a high priority to us, but I wonder
if it would actually be easier and more guaranteed to just work if built-in
themes is in a zip. Arguments are basically:

* Prevents anyone modifying the built-in themes, which if you do would
bring you problems later on
* Makes it easier to update as the whole themes directory can be kept.
Currently the built-in themes has to be replaced, but not custom themes

What might actually be real nice is to have a little tool to work with
themes. Something like

kc-theme create --theme mytheme --parent keycloak
kc-theme list-templates --type login
kc-theme add-custom-template --theme mytheme --template login.ftl
kc-theme add-custom-messages --theme mytheme --language en