[keycloak-user] Add additional rights mapping step to request chain

Boettcher, Jim jim.boettcher at hp.com
Mon Jun 23 11:51:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

This has become a show stopper for us. We really need to be able to map the user identified by the bearer token to their roles by using our own role mapping code that executes on our JBoss 7.1.1 application server not the roles from the token. We are developing some new services that must work with our older code and the role mapping that is done with the older code.
You mention that you would have to create an SPI for this. Are there any plans for creating the SPI?
If the SPI is not planned to be in the 1.0 final release, Is there some way I could hook in our custom processing on my own. Looking at the code for the AS7-adapter I did not see an obvious place to do this. For an interim solution we would consider modifying / extending the keycloak code in order to hook in our custom role mapping. Can you suggest a good place in the code that I might try to do this custom work?

Thank you for your help,
Jim