[keycloak-user] Keycloak and AngularJS

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 12:18:01 EDT 2014

Personally, I think that in most cases for a client-side web app the best approach is to let the client-side do the oauth flow (the approach we're currently taking in keycloak.js). It does depend on your application though, and if you're application has a strict one html5 app calls one REST service then http-only cookies are an option. I don't see any real benefits of it though, and I believe it significantly complicates things.

Have a look at http://blog.auth0.com/2014/01/07/angularjs-authentication-with-cookies-vs-token/, I think it provides a good summary of the pros of the token approach.