[keycloak-user] Token Grant

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri May 9 16:46:01 EDT 2014

You can do a Basic Auth request

POST /content-root/realms/{realm}/tokens/grants/access
Authorization: Basic auth with client_id and secret

client_id is the id of your register application.

form parameters are:

username
password

BTW, for mobile, IMO, you are better off doing oauth with the mobile
client and doing a mobile redirect to your browser and back.  That way
Keycloak can manage your accounts.

On 5/9/2014 4:35 PM, Rodrigo Sasaki wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Fist of all I apologize if I do anything that isn't normal, this is the
> 1st time I subscribe to a mailing list, please let me know if I should
> have done anything differently.
>
> Alright then, my question is this: Is there a way for me to get a token
> providing only user and password? Let me try and clarify it better.
>
> We are using a homegrown solution based on SkeletonKey and we have a
> flow where we use an URL that requires username and password and returns
> directly an Access Token, with no Access Codes envolved. We use this so
> that our own mobile apps can get access to our REST services.
>
> Is there any way I could get around this with Keycloak? Getting an
> access token directly to my mobile app?

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com