[keycloak-user] Restrict application access by role

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 10:27:10 EST 2014

We've been letting the application handle access via role, keycloak
would just pass along user role mappings.  You want the auth server to
deny access?  We could do that.  Would take a "Roles Allowed" page on
the application admin console and a easy check after authentication.

On 11/19/2014 10:12 AM, Evan Thompson wrote:
> Howdy All,
>
> II currently have two applications in the same Realm and I was wondering
> if it is possible to restrict a users access to an application based on
> the existence of a specific role. For example:
>
> Let's call my applications: application_x and applicaiton_y. Would it be
> possible to only allow users to access applicaiton_x if they have role_x
> assigned to them.
>
> Any insight that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evan

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat