[keycloak-user] Obtaining the user name from the security context

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 16:57:07 EST 2014

Hi,

I've just tried it and figured that it doesn't work due to bug
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-857 . It's fixed in latest
keycloak master and will be available in next release 1.1.0.Beta2 . The
easiest workaround is to configure absolute URI for auth-server-url . So
instead of "/auth", you can use "http://localhost:8080/auth" or
something like that according to your env.

Hope it helps,
Marek

On 20.11.2014 11:25, Gary Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> However, I've tried it without success - I also tried using this attribute in the keycloak unconfigured-demo and preconfigured-demo examples for customer-app/product-app, and didn't have an effect on them either.
>
> Just wondering whether the text in the doc "OpenID Connection ID Token attribute to populate the UserPrincipal name with" implies that this attribute only works for OpenID?
>
> With the unconfigured version, it wasn't clear whether this attribute would be set under the realm or secure-deployment elements, so initially I tried just under the realm but then eventually defined the attribute under both. Attached the wildfly standalone-full.xml.
>
> Regards
> Gary

>>> Gary