[keycloak-user] SAML functionality

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 10:52:24 EDT 2014

Keycloak is already a full-fledged IDP except is uses OpenID Connect as
a protocol instead of SAML.  OpenID Connect was written and targeted for
Web applications and REST services.  SAML, on the other hand, was
written for SOAP and web app support retrofitted on as an after thought....

That being said, SAML integration is coming in a week or two.  I have
basic SAML working in master, I'm currently adding support for
signed/encrypted SAML requests.  All of this code is leveraging the
picketlink-federation module that Picketlink IDP is built on.

On 10/15/2014 10:37 AM, Raghuram wrote:
> Bill - in your blog you mentioned that you will provide SAML functionality in the future versions of key cloak. Can you provide more information about that? Will key cloak be a full fledged IDP like picketlink or does it act as a STS throwing either openid connect or SAML tokens?
>
> Thanks

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com