[keycloak-user] Mongo DB Connections Issue

prab rrrr prabhalar at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 07:51:14 EDT 2014

Perfect. Looking forward to the next version of Keycloak. Thanks Marek.

     On Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:22 AM, Marek Posolda <mposolda at redhat.com> wrote:

  Hi,

 We are using MongoClient, which has it's own connection pooling mechanism. The default size of connection pool is 100 connections.

 When MongoClient needs to do some DB operation, it opens new connection and put it to connection pool until there are 100 connections here. Once there are 100 connections, it stops open new connections, but it will start to reuse existing ones instead.

 As of now, we don't support configuration of connection pool in Keycloak, but I've added https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-799, which will be available in next 1.1.0.Beta1 version. Then you will be able to add this to mongo configuration in keycloak-server.json:

 "connectionsPerHost": 10

 to limit size of connection pool to 10 connections for example. You will be also able to configure other options related to connections and connection pooling.

 Marek