[keycloak-user] Admin url for bearer-only applications

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 05:23:59 EDT 2014

Bearer-only applications doesn't manage user sessions, they simply authenticate based on the token in the request.

When a user logs out, the applications where a user has directly logged in to (confidential or public) should drop the user session. Confidential apps do this with the request from the server which will in turn invalidate the session in the app. Public apps (using keycloak.js) does this by detecting the logout from the session iframe.

You should obviously also have a short "Access Token Lifespan" configured for your realm, this makes sure that any tokens are quickly expired after a logout. As the user session is invalidated on the server, any associated refresh tokens will be expired as well, so it won't be possible for an app to retrieve a new token after the user has logged out.