[keycloak-user] Opening Transactions

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:13:05 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have created some custom endpoints for my project, and in one of them I
need to use multiple transactions on a single request. I ran into some
issues, even though I call

session.getTransaction().begin()

It didn't work correctly saying that I didn't have an opened transaction. I
look a little deeper and saw that there are 2 lists of transactions inside
org.keycloak.services.DefaultKeycloakTransactionManager.

One is called *transactions* and the other is *afterCompletion*

when commit() is called, both lists are traversed committing every single
transaction in them, but when begin() is called, only the *transactions*
list is traversed, and the one I needed was inside *afterCompletion*, which
remained closed.

Is this supposed to be this way? I'm not sure what these lists do, but
maybe the other one should be opened too.

Is there a problem on opening the transactions on *afterCompletion* list as
well?

Thanks!

--
Rodrigo Sasaki