[keycloak-user] Deploy Keycloak from within IntelliJ IDEA

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:24:42 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I haven't used Keycloak since version 1.0.2, which we have now in
production. But now Keycloak has so many new features that we decided to
migrate to the 1.3.1.Final

This is a very specific issue, maybe this has already been discussed
before, and if it has I'd like to ask you to direct me to that thread.

Anyways, I want to deploy Keycloak from within IntelliJ IDEA, on version
1.0.2 all I had to do was add an artifact of keycloak-server on the
deployment and it was done, but that no longer exists and I don't seem to
find a replacement for it.

What I do now is add a step to execute a maven goal to package the war and
I created an artifact based on that war to deploy it, it works fine but I
believe there must be a simpler solution, and doing it like this I can't
use JRebel to hot deploy my alterations as well.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? I'll be happy to provide you
more information if necessary.

Cheers,
Rodrigo Sasaki