[keycloak-user] Help us understand integration options that would allow us easy future upgrades
g.leon at betiator.com
Fri Jun 12 03:13:42 EDT 2015
Good Morning everybody,
We need to send / propagate in real time some user data ( user_name
and email for example ) when a new user registers via Keycloak
to our operations database that is in Couchbase . I like to explore
what would be the best solution as to allow us easy future upgrades.
Our scenario is to use JBoss Keycloak with Mysql DB and have our
backend on Wildfly that talks to Couchbase database. Our Frontend app
will use the JBoss Keycloak login / registration to allow users to get
token and then use the restful API that is based on RestEasy and is
under Keycloak security. Now as Couchbase is high performance we
need to minimize the mysql exposure .
Totally exteranlly to JBoss Keycloak
1) one way I see this is if we can do at the Database layer with a
table trigger on the user table to run a external java program .
2) with a process running and checking and syncing the data
,but they do not seem natural and as programmers we might do better.
With minimal intervention in front end
3) Overriding some code in the JBoss Keycloak front-end registration
page ( can't seen to find it however is it a JSP? where might i find
it ? )
With intervention in JBoss Keycloak if it is supported some how
4) Hook in to JBoss Keyclock some where to run our custom java code
when user registration happens ?
5) Also I see that the admin API has create, update delete user
endpoints but we would really like to use JBoss Keycloak
for login and registration etc to get the added features you provide.
6) Does Keycloak have a work flow engine for user registration that we
could add pragmatically a custom java action to it ?
Basically we need help on understanding integration options that
would allow us easy future upgrades.
Thanks in advanced
More information about the keycloak-user