[keycloak-user] Migrating custom user database to Keycloak

Anton Hughes ah at magick.nu
Thu Mar 19 16:09:06 EDT 2015

Thank you Marek

To check that I understand this approach correctly, is the following a
correct summary of how a federation provider works?

   1. existing user tries to login via Keycloak
   2. Keycloak checks if the user exists in the keycloak IDM. If user is
   not there then use federation provider
   3. the provider will get the user by email address or username, and
   return the User object.
   4. This user object can then be mapped and saved into keycloak.
   5. Next time user tries to login user is retrieved from keycloak idm

Question - where is the federated provider deployed? Is it in our app, or
installed into Keycloak? Or something else?

Thanks

*Anton HughesCo-founderah at magick.nu <ah at magick.nu>www.magick.nu
<http://www.magick.nu>*