[keycloak-user] Multiple Identity Support?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 10:02:00 EDT 2015

Just doesn't work that way in Keycloak...instead, each "System" is
granted its own specific token.  This token can be tailored to the
system to include/exclude the user information, roles, etc. you want.
This "tailoring" is limited in 1.1.x, but next release we have many more
capabilities to format the token/saml doc the System receives.

On 3/22/2015 4:10 PM, Stephen Russett wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there support for handling multiple identities for a single user?  If
> so, is there a video or write up explaining how this is handled?
>
> Example use case:
>
> You have your user profile (with multiple Identities) that is associated
> with KC.  KC is connected to three systems.  When you log into System 1,
> you use Identity A, and when you log into System 2, you use Identity B,
> and When you log into System 3, you use Identity C.
> The different identities are due to the need for the user wanting to
> share specific information depending on the system they are logging into.
> This openID connect video has a great intro that outlines the use case
> for multiple identities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb56GzQ2pSk
>
> Thanks.
> Stephen

Bill Burke