[keycloak-user] Relative host possible in redirect URI when using Keycloak appliance?

Guy Davis guydavis.ca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:44:56 EDT 2015

Good day,

A few weeks ago, I was deploying auth-server.war inside a JBoss 6.1.0alpha
instance and using relative URIs for redirects on my registered
applications.  For example, a single redirect uri of '/hello-world/*' meant
that I could access our app from:

   - http://localhost:8080/hello-world/
   - https://localhost:8443/hello-world/
   - http://[workstation]:8080/hello-world/
   - https://[workstation]:8443/hello-world/

This was very convenient as we deploy the JBoss container on site for
customer use via automated installer, so trying to minimize the local
configurations required is important.

However, as per recent exchanges with Stian, I am now running a separate
Keycloak appliance instance (Wildfly 8.2), port-shifted by 100, along-side
our old JBoss instance.

This seems to require that I add 4 separate redirect_uris (above) in order
for things to work.  As well, the latter two require knowledge of the
target machine's hostname.

I'm wondering if there is a way to use relative host URI, but keep the port
for application redirect_uri.  Or perhaps a hostname placeholder?  Possible
example:

   - http://${jboss.host.name}:8080/hello-world/

Any sort of placeholder for the current host-name would simplify the
current post-install configuration required.

Thanks,
Guy