[keycloak-user] Keycloak Admin REST API

I-T iqbaltalaat at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:02:17 EDT 2015

Hello,

I see that the Keycloak Admin REST API[
http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.1.0.Final/rest-api/overview-index.html]
is what keycloak itself is using whenever you need to add a new app via
Chrome inspector.

There is an 'Authorization: Bearer KEY' header in every request that the
Admin UI app makes to Keycloak Server.

I'm unsure where I can get the key from in a Script that I can use for
Server to Server communications. I want my existing app to migrate to
Keycloak and I want to be able to create new users on signup as well
without having them to redirect to the keycloak service. Any help in this
regard will be most appreciated.

These are my notes for logging in and validating the users through various
microservices:
https://www.evernote.com/l/ALEH0fpLM1JLKYaFnbMQxQxLURc5cduo-oc

I want to be able to build something similar for Admin functionalities. Any
library / scripts that I write while accomplishing this talk will be open
sourced.

Best Regards,

Iqbal Talaat Bhatti

"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally
astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison