[keycloak-user] Are relative redirect URIs supported?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 14:19:28 EST 2015

A relative URI *will not* be accepted if it is passed as a query
parameter when a client is requesting a code.  An absolute URI *MUST BE*
sent via the redirect_uri query parameter.  For admin console config, if
you put in relative path in your valid redirect URIs, it uses the
host/port of the auth server.  A bunch of the demos work that way.  So,
if you host the auth server on mydomain.com,
https://localhost/my/relative/path will match and
https://mydomain.com/my/relative/path will work too.  Make sense?

On 11/23/2015 2:00 PM, Håvard Wigtil wrote:
> I'm trying to get a relative (i.e. path only with no host) redirect URI
> for a Keycloak client to work. My client works with full host and path,
> but if I remove the host part I get an illegal parameter error.
>
> The inline help bubble has the following sentence: "Relative path can be
> specified too, i.e. /my/relative/path/*."
> So as far as I can tell, it should work according to the help message.
> As I was trying to find out more about this I came across Jira issue
> KEYCLOAK-8[1], where a comment pointed to section 3.2.1[2] of the OAuth
> 2.0 spec. If I'm reading the spec correctly the redirect *must* be
> absolute to be conformant with the spec.
>
> Is the inline help wrong, or is it something here that I don't get?
>
>     Håvard
>

> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-8
> [2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-3.1.2

Bill Burke