[keycloak-user] Login by mobile number.

Travis De Silva traviskds at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 04:06:16 EDT 2015

+1 for this feature.

This use case is getting quite popular these days. Apart from the banks
that follow this procedure, you also get companies like Google that do this
as an extra step to prevent someone who has stolen your username/password
from using it to access your content.

A would like to suggest a few additional features around this requirement
for it to be more valuable.

1. Option in KeyCloak to set if the SMS should be sent for all login
attempts or only when logging in from a new device like who you get with
Google

2. A set of actions that could trigger the SMS - For example let's say I
have a banking web app and if the user logs in and does a funds transfer
above a certain limit, I should be able to from my app trigger an SMS auth.
Not sure if this is part of OAuth2 or OIDC but I have encountered quite a
few applications following this flow to prevent identify theft.