[keycloak-user] Unified login for existing applications

Joseph Djomeda joseph at djomeda.com
Fri Oct 23 04:35:32 EDT 2015

Hi Stian,

Thanks for the swift reply. I have put some comments inline. Is there any
example , tutorial towards what I would like to achieve meaning building on
top of keycloak.

Best Regards,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:16 AM Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 23 October 2015 at 09:59, Joseph Djomeda <joseph at djomeda.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Community,
>>
>> Thanks for all the amazing features list I have read about this product
>> and that is truly exciting.Kudos for pulling down all that. I am new to the
>> world of SSO and so on but I am doing my home work catching up.
>>
>> I have a problem and I am wondering whether keycloak is the solution. We
>> have 5 different applications each using etiher apache shiro or spring
>> security for authentication. Those using shiro have different hashing
>> algorithm and different number of iterations. We are about to launch new
>> products each with their own authentication so we were like why not go
>> google model.
>>
>> here are few questions I would like to ask those of you actively using
>> keycloak.
>>

>>    - Can I build an application with keycloak embedded in it where
>>    keycloak provides identity based on some logic that we will put in the
>>    parent application. Logic like how to merge all products mentioned earlier?
>>
>> Depends - what is your application deployed to? Keycloak is meant to be a
> standalone service, but can be deployed to WildFly alongside JavaEE apps.

It's going to basically be a java webapp deployed into tomcat or jetty but
can try wildfly.

>>    - Supposing no work is needed and everything I mentioned is supported
>>    can keycloak allow relooking/branding of UI such a way it's inline with
>>    most of UI directions we have for all our existing products?
>>
>> Yes, we have theme support that lets you modify the l&f of all pages

Awesome

>>    - Can I use keycloak to not only provide SSO for our own applications
>>    but also make that keycloak become and ID provider (likes of openID etc )
>>    for other applicaitons that we don't own?
>>
>> Yes, not OpenID though. We support OpenID Connect and SAML v2.

Awesome