[keycloak-user] Considering to introduce release candidates
sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 05:39:39 EDT 2015
Lately we've been following a pretty aggressive release schedule with a new
Final released every 4 to 6 weeks. We want to continue having frequent
releases, but at the same time it would be good to give people the
opportunity to test things out in advance of a release.
I propose we continue doing releases every 4-6 weeks, but instead of going
straight to Final we'll release a CR1. If there are no high priority issues
reported against within a week we'll release the Final. Otherwise we'll
release CR2, but this time reduce the wait to roughly half a week before
releasing Final (or CR3).
We would not support migrating between CR releases as they are purely
targeted towards testing. These releases should only be used in
staging/test environments. Ideally with a copy of the production database.
Basically that would mean that upgrading from 1.6.0.Final to 1.7.0.CR1 and
then upgrading to 1.7.0.Final would not work. You would have to upgrade
directly from 1.6.0.Final to 1.7.0.Final.
I'd like to ask the community is this something that would be beneficial?
Would you actually play with and test release candidates, or would you
simply wait for the Final to be released?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the keycloak-user