[keycloak-user] How to store additional data for the SSO session of an user?

Hermann Hill hermann.hill at optile.net
Fri Sep 11 10:05:40 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on attaching a company-internal authentication API to Keycloak by implementing an UserFederationProvider.

Basically it is working, but when authenticating to our internal API I get back some additional data that should be tied to the lifetime of the SSO session of the authenticating user. Is there any pre-defined place to store such data?

As an alternative approach, I stored this data in a HashMap and tried to use the LOGIN and LOGOUT events to keep the contents of the HashMap current. This approach would work for the login (though I'd have to introduce an intermediate storage - the LOGIN event comes some time after the "validatePassword" call), but in my experiments a LOGOUT event was only generated when I was logging myself out, not when my SSO session expired or was removed by an administrator account. Is there a way to be reliably notified at the beginning and the end of a session?

By now I'm really out of ideas. I would really appreciate if somebody could be so kind and point me in the right direction...

Best regards,

Hermann Josef Hill
Software Architect

optile GmbH
Ganghoferstraße 39 | 80339 München
Mobil +49 (151) 5385 0784

hermann.hill at optile.net | www.optile.net

USt.Id.-Nr. DE268847980
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Smeds
Handelsregister München HRB 183178

+++ Besuchen Sie uns auf der dmexco 2015 am 16. & 17. September, Köln, Halle 7.1 Stand F013 +++