[keycloak-user] "Invalid_grant" error when trying to login with the user created from Rest API

Anunay Sinha anunay.sinha at arvindinternet.com
Fri Sep 25 03:59:04 EDT 2015

Hi
I am using keycloak 1.4
When am trying to create a new user using rest api, I am getting 201
User shows under the list of users on the Keycloak admin panel as well as
when I query it from the API

I have reset the password of the user using the following call

http://127.0.0.1:8080/auth/admin/realms/TAHITI/users/29e18054-2fc6-41fc-a492-01f117444f05/reset-password
{"type":"password","value":"asdf123","temporary":false}

Am getting 204 for this request.
When am trying to login with this user, am getting the erro
Status Code 401
{
  "error_description": "Invalid user credentials",
  "error": "invalid_grant"
}

If however I go and edit my user from admin console, it starts working.
Can you help me with this issue

--
- Anunay