[keycloak-user] Server-side validation of custom user attributes

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 07:25:34 EDT 2016

We are planning on adding a Profile SPI in the future. The built-in
provider will be configurable and allow creating a list of simple
attributes, marking which are required and also select some basic
validation. For more advanced profiles/validation it will be possible to
provide your own profile provider.

In the mean time you need to create a custom authentication flow with a
custom authenticator to achieve this. For registration you need to also
create a custom registration flow. See the authenticators section in the
documentation for more details.