[keycloak-user] Authentication from embedded webpage

Subhrajyoti Moitra subhrajyotim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:24:19 EDT 2016

Hello Team,

I have a standalone windows desktop application, that authenticates against
an AD/LDAP server. The application popups a username/password box, and
submits it to the LDAP for authentication.
The same AD/LDAP server is also synced with a Keycloak installation.

The windows application embeds the IE browser control and shows a jsp page.
This jsp page is protected using keycloak js adapter. Obviously the user is
re-directed to the keycloak login page. So the user has to login twice,
once using the application popup and other in the embedded jsp, after
getting redirected to the keycloak login page.

I dont want to re-prompt the user for relogin, since he has already
authenticated against the AD server.
Is there a way to not re-prompt the user, when the embedded IE requests the
secure JSP?

Please help, as we are not able to come up with a solution for the same.
Any pointers how we can avoid the 2nd authentication.

Thanks,
Subhro.