[keycloak-user] Token Validation Endpoint

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 10:06:32 EDT 2016

Hi Brian,

    There is an endpoint based on RFC-7662 [1]. Check http://localhost:8080/auth/realms/{realm_name}/.well-known/openid-configuration for "token_introspection_endpoint".

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662

Regards.
Pedro Igor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Watson" <watson409 at gmail.com>
To: keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:53:26 AM
Subject: [keycloak-user] Token Validation Endpoint

Hi all,

I have a question regarding token validation.

I have an access token, and I want to make sure it's still valid. In other words, I need to ensure that either (a) the user hasn't logged out, or (b) someone hasn't invalidated the session to which the token is associated. The use case is an integration with an API gateway, in which the API gateway ensures the validity of a token with Keycloak before passing it to downstream services.

Is there an endpoint I can call with a token that will tell me if the token is still valid? Is there another way I should be performing this check?

Thank you.