[keycloak-user] Very slow admin console within keycloak cluster

Sascha SKORUPA sascha.skorupa at traveltainment.de
Thu Apr 21 03:56:13 EDT 2016

Hi,

we are currently setting up our keycloak cluster (version 1.9.1) for the production environment. The cluster consists of two keycloak nodes running in standalone-ha mode whereby jgroups is configured to use tcping instead of multicast and loadbalancing is done via modcluster. So far so good, the responses of the KC rest services are fast enough and everthing works as expected.

The only problem what we still have is that the admin console is very slow if it is invoked on the cluster ip. For example the request to render the realm overview page  takes more than 5 seconds (https://${CLUSTER}/auth/admin/realms<https://$%7bCLUSTER%7d/auth/admin/realms>). The problem is additionally increased because the GET realms request is sent up to four times.

If we take out one keycloak node in the loadbalancer the admin console is essentially faster. Can anyone help or does anybody have an idea what can be the misconfiguration here? Or is this a known issue that the admin console is slow in cluster mode?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
sascha